My Concierge LLC consults on a variety of one-time projects. Some are listed below. Camera and virtual connection usually required.
- Review of personal papers:
For this project you will need to make some decisions on who will help with your estate plan. It may require more than one appointment. If your estate is large, you may be referred for extra legal help.
Questions for review:
- Do you have up to date: Will, Power of Attorney, Medical Directive?
- When did you last review insurance policies and beneficiaries?
- Did you know. You can prearrange your funeral at no cost?
- If you are military, do you know where to find your DD214 or how to get it?
- In an emergency do you know where your important papers are?
- Can anyone else find them?
- Do you have an emergency contact list? Is it up to date?
- Where do you keep your critical documents? I recommend a fire safe.
I can suggest choices regarding getting your important personal documents up to date and offer suggestions on creating an emergency contact list
2. Annual Retail Inventory or Cataloging a collection
This project is for the retailer who needs help at year-end; or the collector who needs an inventory of their favorite valuables.
This project requires a virtual tour or photos of the items to be catalogued. My Concierge LLC will prepare an Excel spreadsheet that can be sorted to meet the client’s needs. The spreadsheet may be sent in PDF for those not using Excel.
Personal Story: My Concierge once worked with a fashion consultant to prepare an inventory of clothing for a lady who had received a large inheritance of fine articles from wealthy relatives.
3. Annual office clean up:
For this project My Concierge will come along side you with a virtual connection and make suggestions on how to have a better organized system going forward.
Are the things you need daily easy to find? Is your desk a pile?
- Vertical files with clear labels make a big difference.
Are your files on the computer hard to locate?
Are your files in the cabinet over flowing?
- Can you scan paper and eliminate it? (Don’t have a scanner? Snail mail me what you need scanned.)
- What can be tossed? We can discuss during consultation.
Help with gathering documents for taxes – this is a good time to clean the files
Help with creating a password list
We can create an index to make it easier to find the important files.
4. Review of finances to get better cash flow?
For this project you will need bank and credit card statements
Discretionary money is the best place to make a change. Places to cut costs may be travel and food. You may also adjust some fixed costs by shopping for a better rate on utilities, for example.
We can create a spreadsheet you can understand, customized to your lifestyle.
Personal story: Our money was tight so I did an impromptu cash flow review. It was the year gas prices had increased dramatically from $2 to $4 per gal. I discovered we were spending $600 a month just for gas. We made some adjustments in the budget and consolidated some trips.
5. Do you want to live with less credit card debt or eliminate them all together?
This project will involve goal setting and perseverance. You will choose how much and how fast you want this to happen.
- If you have the credit card life-style it’s a hard habit to break. It takes time.
- If you do not pay off the cards each month, the interest is money lost. You could be saving that
- Once you eliminate a card then make a choice to either pay more on the next card or put more into savings.
- You may decide to make a list of fun things you would like to do with the money you save.
The goal here is to have better cash flow, so you can have less stress.
We can help create a spreadsheet showing all the cards and the interest so you can decide which ones can be paid down.
6. Setting up a new office and want to do it right?
Let a pro help. Bring me on board with a virtual tour of your space and equipment.
I can help you create a good work environment and suggest the right equipment for the office.
7. Need office staff support?
Are they to be a receptionist or bookkeeper or more?
My Concierge can help you decide and look for the right person.
An added caveat: Plan an annual review and raise for your office manager. If they don’t see themselves as a priority in your business, you may lose an important part of your success.
The bookkeeper always knows how you allocate your expenses.
8. Starting a new business and don’t know bookkeeping?
It is very hard to manage money while doing landscaping, construction or retail (for example) if you don’t understand financial reports.
If you are new to running a business, you will be dealing with so much: marketing, scheduling, inventory, deadlines, regulations, training, taxes. Whew!
I recommend hiring a competent full-service bookkeeper and to consider a payroll company for your employee obligations. Make a business plan budget that includes bookkeeping. Don’t know how to make a plan, I may be able to help or refer. SCORE (Service Core of Retired Executives) is a good resource. You can learn more at www.SCORE.org or I can help you find a local rep.
Talented entrepreneurs may fail because they did not consider or budget proper office management as an integral part of their business.
9. Video clip(s) inventory for Insurance or Estate Planning –will do under certain circumstances with proper safety precautions**, or will consult on ways you can do.
This project involves a walk-thru of the home or office with the owner telling the provenance of the items or assets. This could also lead to development of a written list.
Video inventories should be repeated every 5 years and the video kept in a fire safe.
10. Senior support
My parent is the one who needs help.
How do I talk to them about these matters?
Let’s all get together via a conference call to discuss. The initial assessment conference is free.
How long will my project take and how much will it cost?
Your project will be customized to meet your need.
The time and cost will depend on
- how organized you already are,
- how quickly you make some decisions and
- how much you want to take over yourself once you have some training.
**PLEASE NOTE: Due to the 2020 health crisis My Concierge LLC is now primarily a virtual consulting service.
But this is not new to her.
My Concierge LLC has been providing virtual office management services for over 10 years. For example: in 2015 she worked remotely helping an engineer in Richmond VA while on vacation in Norway.
Need to learn how to work from home and not sure how? My Concierge LLC can offer helpful suggestions.