As bad weather approaches do you know where your important papers are?
Do you know what papers you need in an emergency?
What else do you need?
Some helpful tips:
- Keep some cash on hand for food and gas when banks are closed and the atm may not work
- Use a small fireproof safe for valuables. Some weigh 35 lbs and can be put in the car should you need to evacuate.
- Keep proper identification with you: driver’s license, passport, medical cards
- Have a contact list with your family/friends, insurance and doctors on it
- Have a list of your meds and at least a week’s supply with you
- Talk to family and friends about your plan: where you will go, where to meet later
- Know where your nearest shelter is located
For more information visit the Red Cross website. Here is a list of item for an emergency survival kit: