It is not always possible to make more money, however, a part time job can help
Other ways to make a little extra money:
- Bake and sell bread to friends/neighbors
- Provide a service such as cutting hair or painting a room
Can’t do any of that? Then look for ways to cut expenses:
- Do you need to buy brand names?
- Can you suspend a gym membership?
- Try a cheaper phone/internet plan.
- Some cable companies will agree not to raise their annual rate if they think you will change service providers. They may even get you a better/cheaper plan.
- If you must eat out, drink water. Some places charge $3.00 for tea/coffee.
- Shop your insurance. You may not be getting the best rate.
- Buy & cook the whole chicken. This is more cost effective than precut parts. It is also cheaper and healthier to cook fresh veggies.
- Reusable cloth napkins and towels save money and trees.
- Any ad that says only $10 a month or more is not your friend. Especially if they want to debit your account.
- Beauty products are less at the pharmacy than the department store. Home sale companies may have a triple mark-up.
- If you order online, get free shipping
- Magazines are very expensive and full of ads. You can read for free at the library or on the Internet.
- Remember that charity starts at home. Can’t pay your bills, then suspend donations until you get better cash flow.
- Auto-pay your regular bills, like utilities, rent and only spend discretionary money from what is left.
- Have some money go automatically into a savings account each month, even if you start with a very small amount. Then you will be ready for the emergency car repair
- Finally, stop using credit cards. (I know some folks find that the hardest thing of all, but if a person wants to do better financially, this is most important)