Prepare ahead for a power outage:
- Is your cell phone fully charged?
- Flashlights working?
- Do you have enough meds, food, water?
- Communicate with others, but keep conversations short in case someone else is trying to get through
- Buddy up with a friend or family if your home or theirs is too cold
If you must go out:
- Is your car equipped for an emergency with blankets, first aid and flares?
- Clean off your car completely
- Sweep your steps
- Put down some ice melt on walkways
- Hold the hand rail (never have both hands full when walking on steps or slippery surfaces)
- If in doubt about safety, stay home.
Below is a government website with some information, but don’t depend on them for help. We need to help each other. Check on your neighbors, especially singles and seniors.